The lean overview day is providing a core understanding of how Lean and Agile work together.
If you tried Agile before you would know that Agile by itself is a structured methodology to fail. Doing just Agile is never enough to succeed. You need to understand the big picture of your system, which Agile practices you need to adapt first so it has a direct impact on your system? Along comes Lean, with Agile, to save the day. Lean gives you a methodology that works hand-in-glove with Agile to choose the right Agile practice(s) for your context. You will leave this class with the skills to analyze your system, find and prioritize the wastes in your system, and which ones to address first (with Agile) and what expected business results to expect.
- Kickoff (Airplanes exercise)
- Work in a self-organized team.
- Focus on the bottleneck.
- Making decisions together.
- Understanding value and waste.
- Lean thinking.
- Value and waste.
- Understanding the value stream.
- Theory of constrains.
- How to find the bottleneck.
- How to improve throughput and cycle-time.
- What are Agile practices?
- Where Agile practices affect the value stream?
- What type of waste do they affect?
- Putting all Together
By the end of the day you will have skills to analyze your system, find and prioritize the wastes in your system, and which ones to address first (with Agile) and what expected business results to expect.